Environment: Comsense Opening Suite
Release Date: December 12th, 2022
In this release:
Positive Pay File tool
Many banks require their enterprise customers to submit a listing of cheques issued, which are then used to prevent fraudulent cheques from clearing. This format is a widely-adopted service called Positive Pay. Accordingly, we have added a new tool to the Check Run window that allows users to generate these Positive Pay files. These files are user-configurable to allow accountants to create a file that meets their bank's specific requirements.
For more information, see the article: Positive Pay File Tool
Bid Lead Folders
The Bid Lead Folder is an optional feature that allows users to download and store project files for Bid Leads in the Common folder. This folder is linked to the Bid Lead window and the Estimating Project Setup window to allow quick access to the files within.
- The sourcing wizard now checks if the project is open in Advantage when selecting the project, instead of when completing the wizard.
- The Managed Product window has a new layout.
- The Properties, Equivalent, and Attachment tabs have been combined with the Warehouse tab.
- Added a new column to the Hardware Discount table to indicate when special option discounts have been configured on hardware items.
- Added a new right-click menu item to the Hardware Discount table to show the special option discounts that have been applied to hardware items.
- Miscellaneous Costs related to Installation are now maintained alongside Installation Operations.
- The Installation Miscellaneous Cost UI has been removed from the Division Maintenance window and relocated to a new tab in the Division Installation Operations window.
- Miscellaneous Installation Costs now flow through the Project Installation Operations window, allowing these costs to be maintained at the project level.
- Renamed the Installation settings in the Project setup window to provide more clarity about what each setting is enabling.
- The Exchange rate on Estimating and Detailing projects will now update to the most recent rate until the project is sold. Once the project is sold the exchange rate is locked.
- Performance optimizations to the Pricing window, and Application for Payment window to better handle projects with many sections.
- The discount importer now automatically maps cost groups if a matching group exists in the target system.
- General Improvements to the Customer Importer validation.
- Added a warning when changing the reporting company of a division.
- Corrected a bug that caused Miscellaneous Items to be inadvertently left on the project when the Installation Operations that created them were removed from the project.
- This fix is not retroactive. If a project has Miscellaneous Item(s) left behind after the removal of the related Installation Operation, the Miscellaneous Item can be manually deleted from the right-click menu.
- Corrected a bug that prevented all installation operations from being removed by the change order when the related product is removed from the project.
- Corrected a UI bug that caused the Summary pane in the Installation Worksheet to expand infinitely based on the number of items in the grid. The pane will now only expand if the user manually expands it.
- Corrected a bug that intermittently caused Installation Operations to be listed as id numbers instead of the Operation name.
- Corrected a bug in change orders that caused some Installation Operations to not be removed from the project when the product was removed, or marked as installed by others (IBO).
- Corrected a bug in change orders that caused door leafs marked as installed by others (IBO) to be shown in the Installation Worksheet.
- Corrected a bug in change orders that prevented the selection of Installation Operations for products with the oversized flag.
- Corrected a bug in change orders that prevented the Miscellaneous Items created by Installation Operations from being updated to reflect the changes that had occurred.
- Corrected a bug that caused Installation Operations to have the incorrect Miscellaneous Note on the Installation Worksheet.
- Corrected a bug in the pricing window that caused the Markup $ value to show the wrong value, understating the Markup $ value when the freight fields were used.
- Corrected a bug that allowed inactive ledger accounts to be used when creating new journal entries from journal entry templates.
- Corrected a bug in the Heading Prep Review window that would cause an error message to be thrown when the user attempted to modify preps on a door.
- Corrected a bug that allowed the Inhouse Supplier flag to be changed after transactions have been processed against the supplier.
- Corrected a bug in the Comsense Cloud that allowed users to run System, Catalog, and Image updates.
- Corrected a bug in the Discount Importer that caused the importer to state it was successful even though the data had not been imported.
- Corrected a bug in the AAOS project importer that caused imports to fail when mapping wood door manufacturers.