- Comsense and Assa Abloy have collaborated in the development of an extension to Comsense Opening Suite by providing distributors the ability to electronically submit project/sales order purchase orders as well as Stock Replenishment purchase orders for Ceco Door Products.
- The Comsense CECO catalog has been expanded to include some additional 'Properties', some of which are designated as 'Required' values and must be populated before sourcing to a Ceco purchase order (failure to do so will negate the ability to submit the purchase order electronically.
- The procedure for submitting the Purchase Order electronically is simply choosing 'Create EDI' in the Purchase order window and populating a general instruction page for quoting, shipping and any special instructions before clicking the 'Send' button.
- The first step is to contact Comsense Support to schedule the following:
- Comsense setup of EDI settings in your system.
- Provide instructions on how to 'Follow' any changes to our technical notes and/or EDI client changes that may require downloading.
- Schedule a short training session with Comsense Support (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a training session).
- Review EDI configuration master setup.
- User master:
- Set ‘Create EDI when Releasing PO
- Review or Add ‘Contact’ record, including contact email.
- Supplier master:
- Profile tab – Populate ‘Supplier Customer Account #’ with Ceco's account code.
- PO Reports tab – Populate ‘EDI Configuration’ field and ensure 'PO Report Type' and 'Report' fields accurate and complete.
- Security - Inventory/Purchasing, Purchase Order:
- Assign access for ‘Create an EDI file for a Purchase Order’
- Review Ceco Managed Stocking product to ensure all are configured based on Comsense Ceco catalog (NOTE: Commodity doors cannot be ordered electronically).
Submitting a Purchase Order
- IMPORTANT NOTE:
- DO NOT attempt to perform the sourcing with the 'Ignore Missing Properties' option checked. The system will not allow you to submit any resulting Purchase Order with missing 'required' property values.
- Be sure that a final ‘Validate’ EDI process is performed (See the 'Create EDI' tool bar icon in the Advantage Pricing and/or Sales Order windows) before attempting to source to a purchase order. This ensure that your product definitions will pass the most recent validation tests before attempting to submit your purchase order.
- From your ‘Purchase Order Management’ window, choose the applicable order to be submitted and click the ‘Purchase Order’ hyperlink to display.
- Set the Purchase Order status to ‘Released’ and click save. You will then be presented with the following ‘Generate Report’ window where you will click the tool bar item ‘Create EDI’.
- The next ‘Comsense to Assa’ window will then be presented. Click on drop-down arrows to select from available options (Note: For your initial PO submission and/or notification of 'Program Type' changes, see the ‘Program Types’ tab to refine the list of 'Program Types' applicable to your organization – see second screen shot below) and click ‘Send’ at the bottom of the window.
The status of your submitted purchase order will then be displayed in the body of this window. If the order has been successfully submitted, it will show as in the example # 1 below with Ceco’s order number (X06J5A in this example), otherwise it will show as in the example # 2 below indicating an error and additional technical information for your support group to assist in researching cause of error (This error is typical of an internet connection disruption or temporary WEB service disruption at Ceco).
Example # 1 (Successful transmission of order)
Example # 2 (Error transmitting order)