How to: Replace an attribute on multiple openings.
Environment: Comsense Advantage
In this article:
Understanding the Global Replace Function
The Global Replace is a change order function that replaces the same attribute(s) on multiple openings e.g. changing all door cores from particleboard core to hollow core. This function is useful for large projects and change orders where individually updating openings with the same criteria is time-consuming. You cannot use Global Replace on opening line items, you must use the function toward a specific door or frame. To use the Global Replace function, the door or frame must:
- Have the same manufacturer
- Require the same replacement attribute
Filtering the Opening List
The Global Replace function replaces the attribute(s) on all openings listed in the Change Order window. Before using the Global Replace function, make sure the Change Order window only lists the openings included in the global replace by either:
- Only including the openings associated with this change on your change order
- Filtering the openings by the manufacturer and any other associated attributes
- E.g. Filter by the manufacturer and the core type you want to update
Always double-check the opening list contains the correct openings before using the Global Replace function.
Replacing the Attribute(s)
Once the Master Schedule pane only lists the correct openings for the update, you can use the Global Replace function.
In the Master Schedule pane:
- Click an Opening Line Item
In the Door Leafs or Frame pane:
- Right-click on the line item
- Click Global Replace
In the Door Global Replace window:
- Enter the manufacturer code
- Enter the new attribute
- Click OK
The openings will update.