Feature: Default Preps
Environment: Comsense Advantage v. 21.1.100.094
In this article:
Workflow Best Practices
The default preps update has removed a level of automation in the default preps window to prevent overwriting manually assigned preps in the Complete or Heading Prep Review window. We have adjusted the workflow best practices to suit the functionality of the feature. We now recommend configuring your project in the order of the navigation menu:
- Create the Project
- Build Hardware Sets
- Select Default Preps
- Set Up Hardware Set Prep Defaults
- Build Doors
- Build Frames
- Draw Elevations
- Review openings in the Complete window (optional for estimating)
- Review heading preps (detailing only)
- Run elevation costing
- Run project pricing
The advantages of the new workflow include:
- Less processing time because the system adds the default preps to the doors and frames as you build the doors and fames into the project
- Elevations pull in default preps when you run elevation costing
- Reduces risk of data loss for manually configured preps
You can still configure your project using the old work flow by manually applying the default preps before pricing using the Reapply Preps button.
*WARNING: Use the Reapply Preps button carefully. The Reapply Preps button overwrites any manually assigned preps from the Complete or Heading Prep Review window.
Pricing Requirements Warning Best Practices
*Note: "New" refers to new to the project rather than new to the system.
Running the prep window is no longer a requirement to run pricing, however, the pricing window prompts a review if you:
- Add a door or frame manufacturer on an opening with hardware assigned and do not load that manufacturer into the Default Preps window
- Add a new hardware item on a door or frame with the specified manufacturer after the most recent pricing update
- I.e. a new short code is created
- Add a new door or frame manufacturer to the project after the most recent pricing update
*Note: Not all circumstances require the following best practices. Review and determine if the steps below satisfy your project needs.
*WARNING: The steps below include the Reapply Preps button. Use the reapply preps button carefully. The Reapply Preps button overwrites any manually assigned preps from the Complete or Heading Prep Review window.
For any Pricing Requirement warning, we recommend you:
- Click No
- Review the default preps window
- Add any necessary preps
If you added any new preps:
- Reapply the default preps to the project