*Note: The legacy Submittal and Advantage Reports tool will be obsolete by January 2022. We recommend Setting Up the New Submittal & Advantage Reports Tool as soon as possible and familiarizing yourself with the interface and usage.
How to: Copy report management settings from one division to another division for the New Submittal & Advantage Reports tool.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise or Comsense Advantage (Version 21.1.100.094 and later)
- Report Management
- Open Report Management
- Save Report Management
- Report Management
In this article:
- Copy From division
- The division you are copying the settings from
- Copy To division
- The division you are applying the settings to
Understanding Report Management Settings
Report management settings can define:
- Portions of a report
- E.g. contents, formatting, report securities (role accessibility) etc.
- Division address settings
- Submittal templates
The table below describes each setting type and location in the Report Management window.
Accessing Report Management
*Note: The user creating or updating submittal templates requires the appropriate security permissions to access the Report Management window.
Opening Suite Users
Enterprise > Reports > Report Management
Advantage > Tools > System Administration > Report Management
Copying Report Management Settings
*Note: Copying division report management settings OVERWRITES the settings of the Copy to division.
Copying report management settings copies the selected settings from one division to another. Copying OVERWRITES the settings of the Copy To division. The copy settings function is flexible by allowing you to copy settings for:
- A single report
- A report category
- All reports from an entire division
- One or more of the setting types from Table 1
Finding the Copy From Division
In the Reports Management window, Find the division to copy from and Open the Copy Settings window from the appropriate location.
Opening the Copy Settings Window
The Copy Settings window can open from three different location types. Each location type determines the scope of the copy from and copy to location. You can open the Copy Settings window from:
- Division header: copies report settings from all reports under the division
- Report category: copies the report settings from all reports under the report category
- Specific report: copies the report settings from the specific report
In the Report Management Navigation pane, Right-click on the division header, category header, or specific report and Click Copy Settings.
Selecting the Copy Settings & Copy To Division
*Note: Address and submittal template settings can only be copied if you are copying from the division header.
Copying settings cannot be undone. Before selecting the copy settings and copy to division(s), always review the copy from division to ensure it is correct.
In the Copy Settings window:
- Uncheck any report management settings you do not want to copy from Table 1
- Select the Copy To Division(s) Using the Selection Tool
- Click OK
All specified report settings will copy from the Copy From division to the Copy To division.