Environment: Comsense Opening Suite
Release Date: Dec 1st, 2023
In this release:
This quarter, we are introducing new functionality to projects in Advantage: Automatic Section Breakout.
This new feature allows you to configure your project to group products into sections by the Building Area and/or Phase assigned to the openings. This eliminates the long and tedious process of reassigning sections using the section change wizard.
To support Bid Alternates and Separate Prices, we designed the Automatic Section Breakout feature to allow you to assign an opening phase to only the openings that need to be separated; the remaining openings do not need an opening phase assigned.
Project Pricing Experience
We have changed the message received when applying Markup and Freight Percentages to Cost Groups in the Project Pricing window.
Previously the system would ask if you wanted to apply the same value to all cost groups in the section. With the introduction of the Automatic Section Breakout function, we realized this wasn't as efficient as we wanted. The system will now prompt you to tell it how you would like the value to be applied, including the option to not prompt you again while the window is open.
At the same time we were making the above change, we also tightened up the processing of the related calculations so you will no longer have to wait for the system to run the calculations on each affected cost group.
While improving the Project Pricing experience, we also found that selecting the Sections to be sold became much more tedious when using the Automatic Section Breakout function as there were now many more sections to select. To address this we have added a select all/deselect all button to the Sell Project window.
We implemented a number of minor improvements to its functionality while working to integrate the Automatic Section Breakout functions into the Installation Worksheet. The most notable change affects how the system handles selecting installation operations when the installation worksheet is loading. The system will no longer automatically select operations where the Product Category is configured to allow the selection of multiple operations.
Legacy Advantage Report Engine
Finally, we have completed the work needed to remove the Legacy Advantage Report Engine. Advantage will now use the modern Submittal and Report application. The retirement of the legacy reporting engine removes constraints and allows us more flexibility when creating reports. We are planning to take advantage of this flexibility to add new reports and revise existing reports over the next year.
- Corrected an issue that caused the Installation Worksheet to reset selected Operations to defaults.
- Corrected an issue that prevented the Installation Worksheet from automatically selecting Operations when on projects with breakout sections enabled.
- Corrected an issue that caused the Installation Worksheet to encounter a database error when using automatic section breakouts.
- Corrected an error when using the replace function in the Installation Worksheet.
- Corrected an issue that caused Installation Operations to be automatically re-added after being removed.
- Corrected an error that could occur when removing Installation Operations from a Product Category that had Allow Multiple set to Yes.
- Corrected an issue that caused Tax On Cost to be added to all products in a cost group when only a specific product or opening was selected.
- Corrected an issue that caused Tax Exempt status to be added to all products in a cost group when only a specific product or opening was selected.
- Corrected an issue that caused breakout sections to persist on the Escalation Worksheet after changing the automatic section breakout settings.
Section Change Wizard:
- Corrected an issue with the section change wizard that caused products removed by a change order to be assigned to their default section instead of the section in which they were sold.
- Corrected an issue with the Pay Application Report that prevented the whole Section Name from being printed.
- Corrected an issue that caused the Live Catalog Update Status window to display the wrong price list date.
- Corrected an issue that allowed invalid characters to be saved in Opening Sizes in the Hardware window.
- Corrected an issue that allowed invalid characters to be saved in Opening Sizes in the Complete window.
- Corrected an error that allowed usernames to be created that had invalid special characters.
- Added Validation checks to AAOS Imports to prevent errors while only importing hardware.
- Corrected an error caused when very large numbers were entered in Prep Properties.