How to: Apply an Opening Suite pre-release update.
Environment: Windows, Google Chrome, Comsense Advantage
In this article:
- Prepare to Apply the Opening Suite Pre-Release Update
- Download the Opening Suite Pre-Release Update
- Extract the .Zip File
- Open the Update Wizard
- Apply the Opening Suite Pre-Release Update
Prepare to Apply the Opening Suite Pre-Release Update
Before proceeding with this procedure, you must receive the Pre-Release Invitation email. The Pre-Release Invitation email provides a password you require to gain access to the .zip file, which means without the email you cannot apply the updates. When you choose to apply the updates, all users must be offline. Comsense does not provide access to Program/Catalog Updates while users are online and opens the Program Updates Error dialog box.
Downloading the Opening Suite Pre-Release Update
In your pre-release invitation, you will be provided with a link to download a zip file containing the update. Click this link and download the file. The file name will be formatted similarly to ComsenseUpdates_####.zip
Extracting the .zip File
- In your Downloads folder, Right-click on the .zip file.
- Click Extract All.
- The Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders window will open.
- Click Extract.
- In the Password needed window, enter the password provided in your Pre-Release Invitation e-mail.
- Click OK.
The file is now extracted and ready to use for the update.
Open the Update Wizard
In Comsense Advantage:
- Click Tools.
- Hover over System Administration.
- Click Program/Catalog Updates.
- In the Comsense Updates dialog box, click Continue.
Apply the Opening Suite Pre-Release Update
In the Comsense Opening Suite Update Wizard:
- Click Next.
- Select Other Location.
- Click Browse.
- Select the Comsense Update folder from the Downloads folder.
- Click OK.
- Proceed through the wizard to complete the update.