There are many situations that result in a user-facing the need to adjust the sort order of openings as they appear on submittals and other documents. By default, openings are sorted based on the order in which they were entered.
There are two ways to adjust the sort order of your openings. The first method is a simple method that you can use in Estimating or Detailing in the Door or Frame windows.
- With your takeoff loaded, arrange your openings in the desired order by clicking on the column header you wish to sort by, or right-click any column header and choose Advanced Grid layout to apply multiple sort conditions.
- Once the takeoff is arranged in the desired order, click the Save Order button in the toolbar to save the current sort order.
The second method to adjust the opening sort order is more advanced. This advanced method is available in the Complete Opening window in detailing.
- To launch the advanced sort dialog, load your project in the Complete Opening window.
- Click the Save Order button in the toolbar to open the advanced sort dialog.
- The Sort list for Openings will appear where you can manipulate the sort order of your openings.
- Clicking on a column header will sort the openings by that column. Clicking twice will sort in descending order.
- Click the Advanced Sorting button to set multi-level sorting by assigning a sort sequence and sort order to the columns you want to sort by.
- You can also move one or more openings up and down in the list, directly to the top or bottom of the list, or above a specific opening number. To select:
- An opening, Click the opening line item
- Multiple openings in sequence, Press Shift+Click on the first and last opening line items
- Multiple openings not in sequence, Press Ctrl+Click on each opening line item
- Right-click one of the selected openings.
- Choose from the various move options to move your selected openings as desired.
- Once you are happy with the order of the openings as displayed in Sort list for Openings dialog, click Save/Close to apply this sort order to the openings in the complete opening window.
Sorting Building Areas, Hardware Sets, and Headings
There are a few other sorting options in this advanced sort window. You can also adjust the sort order of Building Areas, Hardware Sets, and Headings using the same techniques as used for openings above.
To modify the sort of these items
Please sign in to leave a comment.