How to: Source alternate product for your project.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
In this article:
Check Pool Product Availability
If you are not using an alternate product from the pool, your next step is Accessing Sourcing.
Pool products must be set to "Available" for another project or sales order to source them. Any pool products labeled as "Project Protected" are only available for the original sales order/project. You must review the Pool Management window for pool product availability.
Access Pool Management Window
Go to Enterprise > Inventory Purchasing > Pool Management.
Review Pool Products
- In the Pool Management window, find the product.
- Review the Available column.
- Check the Available checkbox if needed
- Review the Project Protected column.
- Uncheck the Project Protected column if needed
The pool product is now ready for sourcing.
Go to Enterprise > Order Entry > Sourcing.
Complete the Sourcing Wizard
- In the Sourcing Wizard window, open the project or sales order.
- Complete the wizard.
- In the Alternate Sourcing window, right-click the original product line item.
- Click Alternate Sourcing.
You are now in the Alternate Sourcing window.
Understand the Alternate Sourcing Window
The Alternate sourcing window has an Original pane and an Alternate pane. Any line items in the Alternate pane replace the line items in the Original pane.
Alternate Sourcing a Product with a Work Order
If your product does not have an associated work order, the next step is Select the Alternate Product.
- In the project's Sourcing window, right-click in the Original pane.
- Click Add Original Product.
- In the Source Picker window, select the associated work order.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
- In the Alternate Sourcing window, right-click on the required work order.
- Click Add To Alternate.
The Alternate Sourcing now includes the required work order.
Select the Alternate Product
Note: This example shows alternate sourcing from Pool. You can complete alternate sourcing using Inventory Favorite, Managed Product, Door, Frame, and Hardware catalogs, and Special Product.
- In the Alternate pane, right-click.
- Hover over Add.
- The Add menu options will expand
- Click Pool.
- Or your preferred sourcing location
- In the product window, select the alternate product.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
- In the Alternate Sourcing window, Click OK.
You now have an alternate product to replace the original product.
- In the Product tab of the Sourcing window, scroll down to the alternate product line item.
- Click +.
- Under the Openings column, select the opening number(s) from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
- The Order Management window will open
Note: The Source To field remains as Purchase Order in case the pool does not have enough quantity for the sourcing. When the pool does not have enough, the Sourcing window automatically creates a purchase order.
You now have an alternate source for the product.
View WIP Transfer on the Order Summary Report
- In the Order Management window top toolbar, click Print.
- The Generate Report window is displayed
- Select the export method.
You now have an Order Summary Report with the WIP transfer.
Tip: If you do not want the entire Order Summary Report, print just the WIP Transfers Report in the Reports window.
Please sign in to leave a comment.