How to: Group divisions that use the same discounts from the same manufacturer.
*Note: If you only have one division, this article does not apply.
Environment: Comsense Advantage (Version 1.25.2548 or later)
- Speeds up catalog updates
- Speeds up transactions requiring product configuration and pricing
- Uses a more efficient method of applying buying programs
- Especially when all divisions have the same buying program
In this article:
- Accessing Catalog Settings
- Grouping Divisions
- Moving or Removing Divisions
- Applying Discounts
- Related Courses
Accessing Catalog Settings
Advantage > Catalog Maint. > Catalog Settings
When you initially group divisions that use the same discounts, one division's discounts overwrites the other divisions' discounts. Always create a group using a division with the appropriate discounts as the overwriter. Once the divisions are in a group they all have the same discount.
The two methods of grouping divisions are:
Catalog Settings Wizard
The purpose of the Catalog Settings Wizard is grouping multiple divisions in one attempt AND creating division groups for more than one manufacturer at a time. If you are creating division groups for more than one manufacturer, each group needs the same overwriting division. The wizard only creates groups with divisions that have:
- Common manufacturers
- Never been grouped
In the Catalog Settings window top toolbar:
- Click Catalog Settings Wizard
- The Catalog Settings Wizard will open
- Select all manufacturers that:
- Require division grouping
- Require the same division for overwriting
- Click Add
- The manufacturers will move to the bottom pane of the wizard
- Click Next
- Select and Add all the divisions you want to group
In the Same as Division field:
- Select the Same as Division
- Same as Division is the division that overwrites the other divisions
- Click Next
- Review the Wizard summary
- Click Finish
- The confirmation dialog box will open
The selected divisions are now in a group using the same manufacturer discount.
Individual Line Items
Grouping divisions by individual line items is the process of grouping divisions one by one. Use this method if you are:
- Adding a division to a group that already exists
- Creating a group of two
In the Catalog Settings window filter line item:
- Enter the Manufacturer Code or Manufacturer Name
- Click the Checkmark Icon
- Right-click on the division to overwrite
- Hover your cursor over:
- Move division
- The division number
- To same as division
- Select the group or division with the appropriate discounts
- A confirmation dialog box will open
The division is now grouped with another division or group of divisions.
Moving or Removing Divisions
Moving a division follows the same path and rules as Grouping Divisions by Individual Line Items. Removing divisions follows the same path except for step 4. c., instead you:
- c. Select To its own catalog
The division leaves the group and uses a copy of the discounts from the group it left.
In the update, the order you enter manufacturer and division information in the Discounts window is different.
In the Discounts window Mfg Code drop-down list:
- Select the manufacturer
In the Division(s) drop-down list:
- Select the division or division group to apply the discounts
- Apply discounts as normal
- Net Priced
The discount is now applied to the division or division group.
Click the link(s) below to check out our course(s) related to this article in Comsense Academy:
Not registered with Comsense Academy? Contact support to request a registration key.