How to: Create a prepaid payable for credit card purchases or supplier deposits.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
Procedure: Create a payable for the supplier purchase amount.
In this article:
*Note: If you do not have a purchase order (P.O.) for your prepaid purchase, Create a Purchase Order and note the P.O. number before proceeding with these steps.
Before Creating a Prepaid Payable
Before creating a prepaid payable, you must Authorize the Supplier for Pre-payment and Note the purchase order number of your released purchase order.
Enterprise > Payables > Payable
Creating a New Payable
In the Payable window top toolbar:
- Click New
- Select For Purchase Order
- The Find window will open
- Search & Select purchase order
- The purchase order will only open if the status is at Released
- Click Open
- The Payable window will populate
You are now ready to fill in the payable information.
Filling in Payable Information
In the Payable window:
- Fill in the fields using Table 1
- If the Deposit Amount field is not there, Authorize the Supplier for Pre-Payment.
After filling in the Deposit Amount field:
- Press Tab
- Deposit Changed window will open
- Click Yes
- Balance To Distribute will update to 0.00
- Click the Save & Release icon
You now have a payable for the supplier purchase. After you receive the product, you need to Process the Prepaid Payable.
If the deposit is made by credit card do not include the amount from this payable when you Create a Payable For a Credit Card Statement Balance.