How to: Prepay for a supplier purchase on a credit card.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
Procedure: Create a payable that only includes the supplier purchase amount.
In this article:
*Note: If you do not have a purchase order (P.O.) for your credit card purchase, Create a Purchase Order and note the P.O. number before proceeding with these steps.
Enterprise > Payables > Payable
Creating a New Payable
In the Payable window top toolbar:
- Click New
- Select For Purchase Order
- The Find window will open
- Search & Select purchase order
- The purchase order will only open if the status is at Released
- Click Open
- The Payable window will populate
You are now ready to fill in the payable information.
Filling in Payable Information
In the Payable window:
- Fill in the fields using Table 1
- If the Deposit Amount field is not there, Authorize the Supplier for Pre-Payment.
After filling in the Deposit Amount field:
- Press Tab
- Deposit Changed window will open
- Click Yes
- Balance To Distribute will update to 0.00
- Click the Save & Release icon
You now have a payable for the supplier purchase.
When you Create a Payable For a Credit Card Statement Balance, do not include the amount from this payable.
|Invoice Number||If there is no invoice number, use an obvious number e.g. the purchase order number|
|Invoice Amount||The amount paid on the credit card for the supplier item(s)|
|Invoice Date||Date of purchase|
|Deposit Amount||The amount paid on the credit card for the supplier item(s)|