Scenario: You pre-paid for a supplier purchase on a credit card.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
When you make a supplier purchase on a credit card, you must create a payable that only includes the supplier purchase amount.
This article demonstrates how to:
*Note: If you do not have a purchase order (P.O.) for your credit card purchase, Create a Purchase Order and note the P.O. number before proceeding with these steps.
In the Enterprise left-hand Navigation menu:
- Click Payables
- The Payables menu will expand
- Click Payable
- The Payable window will open
You are now ready to create a new payable for your credit card purchase.
Creating a New Payable
In the Payable window top toolbar:
- Click New
- Select For Purchase Order
- The Find window will open
- Search and Select purchase order
- The purchase order will only open if the status is at Released
- Click Open
- The Payable window will populate
You are now ready to fill in the payable information.
Filling in Payable Information
In the Payable window:
- Fill in the fields using Table 1
- If the Deposit Amount field is not there, Authorize the Supplier for Pre-Payment.
After filling in the Deposit Amount field:
- Press Tab
- Deposit Changed window will open
- Click Yes
- Balance To Distribute will update to 0.00
- Click the Save & Release icon
You now have a payable for the supplier purchase.
When you Create a Payable For a Credit Card Statement Balance, do not include the amount from this payable.
|Invoice Number||If there is no invoice number, use an obvious number i.e. the purchase order number|
|Invoice Amount||The amount paid on the credit card for the supplier item(s)|
|Invoice Date||Date of purchase|
|Deposit Amount||The amount paid on the credit card for the supplier item(s)|