How to: Creating a payable for a credit card statement balance.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
In this article:
- Preparing for the Payment
- Accessing Payable
- Processing a New Payable
- Entering Credit Card Categories
Preparing for the Payment
Before creating a payable for a credit card statement balance:
- Review the credit card statement
- Separate any purchases already accounted for
- Categorize the remaining purchases into accounts.
Never include any supplier purchases already accounted for by another payable i.e. any supplier purchases on credit. Only include the remaining credit card purchases.
Enterprise > Payables > Payable
Processing a New Payable
In the Payable window top toolbar:
- Click New
- Select Miscellaneous
- Fill in the payable fields using Table 1
You are now ready to enter your credit card categories.
|Supplier||Credit card company|
|Remit To||Credit card company|
|Invoice Number||If there is no invoice number, use an obvious number i.e. the date of credit card statement|
|Invoice Amount||The credit card statement balance less any purchases already accounted for|
|Invoice Date||Date of the credit card statement|
Entering Credit Card Categories
Under the Manual Distribution tab in the fillable line item:
- Select the appropriate:
- Search and Select the account using the Search Account button next to the Account column
- Order #
- Cost group
Under the Amount column:
- Enter the credit card statement amount for each account category
- Balance to Distribute will update to 0.00
- Click Release icon
Your credit card statement payable is now ready for a check run.