Issue: A shipment arrives with product that is damaged or was damaged in transit.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
Resolution: Document the damage and update the Inventory & Purchasing department. Complete the receiving after you receive the updated Purchase Order Receiving report.
*Note: Before proceeding, ensure your administrator has Set-Up for Supplier Shipment Errors.
In this article:
Receiving Damaged Product
If you receive a damaged product DO NOT complete the receiving. You cannot undo a receiving. After a receiving is completed the transaction creates a journal entry and goes into the general ledger permanently. Purchasing & Inventory must add a new line item for the damaged product before receiving is complete.
On the Purchase Order Receiving report:
- Write a note detailing the damage
- Take a picture of the damage
- Send the Purchase Order Receiving report and picture to the Purchasing & Inventory department
- Wait for the updated Purchase Order Receiving report from the Purchasing & Inventory Department
After you receive the updated Purchase Order Receiving report you can complete the receiving.
Completing the Receiving with an Updated Purchase Order Receiving Report
Creating a New Receiving
In the receiving window:
- Complete the Receiving wizard without the damaged product
- Leave the damaged product line item if multiple items were received and only one was damaged
In your new receiving:
- Update any Qtys received
- I.e. 1 of 10 hinges is damaged, update hinge Qty Received to 9
- Write a note in the Note field detailing the damage
- Click Save
Your receiving is now complete.
Adding an Attachment
In the top toolbar:
- Click the Paperclip icon
- The Attachments window will open
- Click the empty Name field
- Select the picture of the damage
- Click Open
- Write a note in the Note field
- Click OK
Your receiving now has a picture of the damage.