Issue: A shipment arrives with excess product or a product that is not on the purchase order.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
Resolution: Ask the Inventory & Purchasing department how to proceed with the product and complete the receiving after you receive the updated Purchase Order Receiving report.
*Note: Before proceeding, ensure your administrator has Set Up for Supplier Shipment Errors.
In this article:
Receiving a Shipment with an Error
If you receive additional stock or non-stock product in a shipment DO NOT complete the receiving. You cannot undo a receiving. After a receiving is completed the transaction creates a journal entry and goes into the general ledger permanently. You must determine where the additional product will go before completing the receiving.
On the Purchase Order Receiving report:
- Make a clear note of the additional product
- Send the report back to the Purchasing & Inventory department
- Wait for the new Purchase Order Receiving report from Purchasing & Inventory
The Purchasing and Inventory department determines the next steps for the additional product and updates the purchase order accordingly.
Completing the Receiving with an Updated Purchase Order Receiving Report
Purchasing & Inventory will send you a new Purchase Order Receiving report that resembles one of the following:
In the Receiving window:
- Complete the Receiving wizard with all products on Purchase Order Receiving report
- Including "Product Received in Error by Supplier"
- Enter the description of the product shipped in error in the Note field
- Click Save
Your receiving is now complete.