How to: Unsource a product on a purchase order or stock requisition.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
In this article:
Unsourcing Best Practices
- Any product that unsourced before receiving the product will be marked as deleted from the purchase order or stock requisition
- You cannot undo an unsourcing
- Unsourcing a product with a work order removes the labor line items and source material from the work order
Best practice is to not unsource a product from your purchase order or stock requisition if the status is at Released. Unsourcing a product on a released order increases the chance of a receiving or work order issue. Only unsource a product when the receiving status is Completed (even if the product is not included the receiving) or the purchase order or stock requisition status is open.
- Go to Enterprise > Order Entry > Unsourcing
Process an Unsourcing
- In the Unsourcing wizard, Click New.
- Click Next.
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon.
- In the find window, select the order number.
- Click Open.
- Click Next.
- Check Unsource.
Note: Pool is checked when the product was originally sourced from the pool.
- Continue through the wizard until complete.
The product is now unsourced. If the product was:
- On a completed receiving: the product is in the pool.
- On a completed work order or stock requisition: the product is in the pool.
- Sourced from the pool (from a different order): the product is in the pool.
- On an open purchase order or stock requisition: the product is deleted from the purchase order or stock requisition.
Handle an Unsourced Product in the Pool
All unsourced product in the pool remains associated with the original order including in the WIP Valuation window and WIP Valuation report. If the unsourced product in the pool is from a project, you cannot complete the project. For any unsourced product in pool, complete a pool to stock transfer, pool to garbage transfer, or a Supplier Return to remove the product from the project or order's WIP.