How to: Create an application for payment to submit to your general contractor.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
In this article:
Preparing Your Project
In Comsense you can only create Application for Payments for projects. When a contractor requires AIA, you must complete the work through a project rather than a sales order.
The project sections:
- Are the project billing groups
- Should correspond with the predetermined schedule of values
- Cannot change after you source material for the project
The project's change orders:
- Are their own line items next to project sections in the application for payment because they represent a change to the contract
- Only show up on the application for payment if they are approved
- Make sure the Approval Number field of the Detailing Projects window is filled
An application for payment for a project with tax included appears differently than a project without. If your project does not include taxes in the contract price, there is an extra line item on the first page of the application for payment.
Before creating your application for payment, make sure the Tax Included Contract checkbox in the Detailing Projects window corresponds with the contract details.
Accessing Application For Payment
Enterprise > Receivables/Invoicing > Application For Payment
Creating an Application for Payment
In the Application And Certification For Payment window:
- Click New
- The Find window will open
- Click Find Now
- The project list will populate
- Search & Select your project
- Click Open
In the Application And Certification For Payment Date window:
- Select the invoice period end date
- Click OK
- The Application And Certification For Payment window will populate
Preparing Your Application for Payment for Submission
In the Application Number field:
- Enter the application number
- Update the Status field to Open
- Leave the status as open until the application for payment is approved
- Click Save
- Click Print
- Select your export method
Your application for payment is ready for submission.
Waiting for Feedback
After you submit the application for payment, wait for feedback. The feedback determines your next steps for the application. See articles Completing Your Application for Payment After Approval or Application for Payment Approved for a Different Amount for further instructions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.