How to: Copy the report settings from one division to another.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
In this article:
- Copy From division
- The division you are copying the settings from
- Copy To division
- The division you are applying the settings to
You can use the copy settings feature to copy some or all of the settings on report(s). There are five setting categories. The examples below show you the types of fields included in each setting category.
Copying Report Settings From Another Division
You can copy report settings from another division using the Copy Settings function in the Report Management window. If you copy from the entire report category, the Copy From division will overwrite the settings for all of the reports in that category on the Copy To division. To copy from a certain division, you must copy from the report or report category under the Copy From division header. Always double check you are copying settings from the correct division!
In the Report Management window left pane:
- Find the Copy From division
Under the Copy From division header:
- Right-click on the specific report or the report category
- Click Copy Settings
In the Copy Settings - By Division, Category, Type window:
- Uncheck any undesired settings
- See Setting Categories for more details on each setting category
- Select the Copy To division(s)
- Click Select
- The division will move to the Selected Copy To Divisions pane
- Click OK
The Copy To division now has the report settings from the Copy From division.