Issue: The last shipment of a multi-shipment sales order rounds to an aftertax total exceeding the aftertax sales order amount. You cannot satisfy the required payment amount because the deposit is short by one cent.
How to: distribute a one-cent rounding balance when applying payments in the Shipment window. This procedure applies to COD or cash-sale sales orders that have a deposit against it.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
In this article:
Accessing Customer Payment
Enterprise > Receivables/ Invoicing > Customer Payment
Applying the $0.01 Payment
In the Customer Payment window:
- Enter the invoice number of the first invoice from the sales order in the Invoices field
- Leave the Payment Received field at 0.00
- Enter a note in the Note field
In the Invoices pane on the Filter line item:
- Enter the invoice number in the Invoice # column
On the invoice line item:
- Enter 0.01 in the Payment Applied field
The invoice now has a one-cent payment.
Adding the -$0.00 Adjustment
In the Invoices pane:
- Click Add Adjustments
In the Adjustments line item:
- Select the account
- E.g. Write-off Amounts
- Enter -0.01 in the Adjustments field
In the Note field
- Enter a detailed note
- Click Save & Close
- Proceed with the sales order payments as usual
The one-cent rounding balance is now accounted for.