Issue: I am unable to open an attachment in Comsense and received a system exception error that says "File Not Found."
Environment: Comsense Enterprise, SQL 2016
How to determine the issue:
Verify the Attachment Method
Determine the attachment method by looking at the Save As Link checkbox in the Attachments window.
Save As Link Unchecked
If the Save As Link checkbox is unchecked, contact support to diagnose the issue.
Save As Link Checked
If the Save As Link Checkbox is checked, the attachment no longer exists as it did at the time the file was added as an attachment. It may have been deleted, moved, or renamed.
The Save As Link checkbox does not save a copy of the file to the Comsense database, it saves the pathway to the original file location in your system. If the original file is moved, deleted, or renamed, Comsense cannot find the file using the saved path. See Attachments in Comsense for more details.
Search for the original file on your computer or shared drive to and re-upload the attachment as either a:
- Standard attachment
- Upload the attachment and do not check Save As Link
- Save as link attachment
- Upload using save as link attachment best practices
Always use the save as link attachment best practices for any future attachments.
Save As Link Attachment Best Practices
Use save as link attachments with the following guidelines:
- Only use save as link attachments for a valid reason
- Large files
- Files with regular updates
- Use a standardized drive letter mapped location to a common folder
- Pay attention to file movement and file name changes in the common folder drive.