How to: Create a new product cost group.
Environment: Comsense Advantage
In this article:
Understanding Cost Groups
A product cost group is a category of sales transactions. Cost groups link transactions to their corresponding general ledger account.
Accessing Cost Groups
Advantage > Maintenance > Product Cost Groups
Creating a Cost Group
In the Product Cost Groups window:
- Right-click in the Product Cost Group pane
- Click Add
- A fillable line item will appear at the bottom of the pane
In the fillable line item:
- Enter the product cost group name under the Name column
- Enter sort sequence number under the Sort Sequence column
- Sort sequence is the order Comsense sorts the list of cost groups in other windows
Tip: Place frequently used cost groups earlier in the sorting sequence.
- Click OK
You now have a new product cost group.