How to: Use activities for internal communication.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
In this article:
Use the Activities Tool
Activities is a tool in Comsense Enterprise Application that help organize, manage, and track tasks. To learn about the functions of the Activities tool, see Use the Activities Tool.
Utilize Activities for Internal Communication
The benefits of using activities for internal communications are:
- Making communication accessible to other users
- Access information while a coworker is out of office
- Improves workflow
- Track communication in the system
- Having communication directly linked to a transaction
Follow Internal Communication Guidelines
Recommend guidelines for internal communication:
- Include your name or initials after your message
- Include the date after your message
- Do not include highly sensitive information
- Do not include personal information
- Do not edit previous messages
- Notify the receiver or set an alert if this is a new practice for internal communication
- Check your activities regularly
Use Activities for Internal Communication
Using activities for internal communication requires:
- Write a Clear Subject in the Subject Field
- Select the Appropriate Activity Type
- Write a Clear Message in the Description Tab
- Use the Owner Field as the Send To Field
- Fill In the Remaining Fields
- E.g. Importance, Contact etc.
For more details on the other activity fields, see Use the Activities Tool Table 1.
Write a Clear Subject in the Subject Field
A clear message is important because it is the first thing the recipient sees.
Select the Appropriate Activity Type
Select an activity type related to the issue or transactions for future searchability.
Write a Clear Message in the Description Tab
Enter your message to the receiver in the description tab and always sign the message with your initials and date. When messages go back and forth it is important to note who said what and when.
When responding to a message, enter your response below the last message with your initials and date.
Use the Owner Field as the Send To Field
The activity owner is the user that sees the activity in their Activities window and receives any alerts. The owner field automatically populates to the creator of the activity. Update the owner to the recipient of the message.
When you respond to a message, always update the owner to the next recipient.
*Note: The next recipient does not have to be the original sender.
Fill In the Remaining Fields
Some uses for the remaining fields are:
- Alert for an urgent issue
- High importance for an urgent issue
- Contact information for a related customer or vendor
Check Your Activities
When using activities for internal communication, it is important to check your activities regularly in the Activities window.
To check your activities, Filter by owner Example, type your username above the Owner column.
To update the activity, Click the Subject and the Activity window will open.