How to: Invoice a customer.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
In this article:
Creating an Invoice in the Shipment Window
*Note: If you are creating an invoice from the Invoicing window, proceed with Accessing Invoicing.
Comsense allows you to create invoices directly in the Shipment window. Creating an invoice in the shipment window pre-populates the Invoicing wizard with the open shipment's project or sales order.
To create an invoice in the shipment window, Click Create Invoice and Proceed with Step 4 of the Order/Project Selection Page.
Enterprise > Receivables/Invoicing > Invoicing
Creating an Invoice in the Invoicing Window
You can only create an invoice for a:
- Shipment if the shipment is complete
- Customer return if the customer return is complete
- Purchase order if the purchase order is released (projects only)
- Stock requisition if the stock requisition is released (projects only)
In the Invoicing window, Click New and the Invoicing wizard will open.
Completing the Invoicing Wizard
This article explains all pages available in the Invoicing wizard. In regular use, the Invoicing wizard only shows pages applicable to the selected project or sales order.
Order/Project Selection Page
*Note: Progress billing is only available for project invoicing.
In the Sales Order/Project field:
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon
- The Find window will open
- Search & Select the project or sales order
- Click Open
If you are progress billing:
- Check the Progress Billing Only checkbox
If you are applying for retainage:
- Check the Apply For Retainage checkbox
- Click Next
Shipment Selection Page
The Shipment Selection page automatically selects all complete shipments available for invoicing from the project or sales order. Using the Selection Tool, Select the applicable shipments and Click Next.
Customer Return Selection Page
*Note: The Customer Return Selection page is only available for project invoicing.
The Customer Return Selection page automatically selects all the complete customer returns available for invoicing from the project or sales order. Using the Selection Tool, Select the customer returns and Click Next.
Purchase Order Selection Page
*Note: The Purchase Order Selection page is only available for project invoicing.
The Purchase Order Selection Page shows all released purchase orders. The purchase order line items are not automatically selected. Only invoice for these purchase orders if:
- You have the product or the product is arriving soon; and
- The invoice is needed for progress billing
Using the Selection Tool, Select the purchase orders & click Next.
Stock Requisition Selection Page
*Note: The Stock Requisition Selection page is only available for project invoicing.
The Stock Requisition Selection Page shows all completed and unshipped stock requisitions. The stock requisition line items are not automatically selected. Only invoice the stock requisitions if the invoice is needed for progress billing.
Using the Selection Tool, Select the stock requisitions & Click Finish.
Reviewing Project Invoices
*Note: If you are invoicing a sales order invoice, proceed with Exporting the Invoice.
The Invoicing window has automations to ensure that your project gets fully invoiced. These automations include:
- Billing for any cost group amount under $20
- Billing for any openings with nothing left to ship
- E.g. invoicing for frames on the original project when there is a change order removing locks on the original project and adding exit devices, may prompt an invoice line item for the locks
Before saving the invoice, always review the Project Billing tab and the Change Order Billings tab to confirm or update the billing amounts.
*Note: The Change Order Billing tab only shows in the Invoicing window when you are billing a change order.
In the Invoicing window:
- Click the Project Billing tab
- Click the Expand button on the line item
- Confirm accurate amounts in the:
- Shipment Billings column
- Stored Billings column
- Change Order Billings column
- Actual Billing column
If there is an amount to update:
- Update the Actual Billing field
If you have change order billings:
- Click the Change Order Billings tab
- Review the change order billings
To remove the change order billings from the invoice:
- Uncheck the Selected checkbox
Exporting the Invoice
In the Invoicing window:
- Click Save
- The status will update to Completed
- Click Print
In the Generate Report window:
- Select any parameters in the Parameter pane
- Export the invoice
- E.g. Preview, Quick Print, Print, Save As PDF, Save As Excel, or Email
You now have an invoice for your customer.