How to: Group project subtotals by building and/or floor in the Pricing window.
*Note: This procedure is only for grouping in the Pricing window. Do not use this procedure to sort project openings in the Complete window.
Environment: Comsense Advantage
In this article:
- Understanding Project Subtotal Groups
- Labeling Openings Using the Project Phase Field
- Creating New Project Sections
- Reassigning Openings to Corresponding Project Sections
Understanding Project Subtotal Groups
In the Pricing window, Comsense groups subtotals by project section. You create project sections in the Project Section window and assign project sections to product categories in the Product Categories window. When you create a new product, the product requires a product category. Assigning a product category to a product assigns all the associated fields including the project section.
When a project requires different project sections from the product defaults, you must manually update the project sections using the Section Change Wizard.
Labeling Openings Using the Project Phase Field
Before using the section change wizard, you must label the openings using the Project Phase field in the Complete window. This procedure uses the Project Phase field to label the openings with their building and/or floor. The project phase labels help you assign the openings to the correct project sections when you Reassign Openings to Corresponding Project Sections. Each group should correspond with the specific building and/or floor e.g. one of the following sequences:
- Building 1; Building 2; and Building 3
- Floor 1; Floor 2; Floor 3
- Building 1, Floor 1; Building 1, Floor 2; Building 2, Floor 1; Building 2, Floor2
Creating New Project Sections
The project requires project sections corresponding with the project phase labels to group openings in the Pricing window. In System Administration, Create New Project Sections with the same labels used in the Project Phase field.
Reassigning Openings to Corresponding Project Sections
Comsense automatically determines project sections from the catalog build. You must manually reassign the project sections using the Section Change Wizard. You are ready to reassign the openings to the project sections when:
- Your project is in detailing
- The openings have labels in the Project Phase field
- There are project sections corresponding with the Project Phase labels
*Note: If your detailing project is already sold, you must Add the New Project Sections to the Project before proceeding with the Section Change Wizard.
Accessing the Section Change Wizard
In the Pricing window:
- Open the original project
In the top toolbar:
- Click Tools
- Click Section Change Wizard
You are now in the Section Change Wizard.
Completing the Section Change Wizard
On the Section to Change FROM page:
- Select one of the current sections
- Click Next
On the Choose Openings page:
- Select all openings from one Project Phase label
- Use ctrl + Click to select multiple opening line items not in sequence
- Click Add
- Click Next
On the Choose Product page:
- Click Add All
In the Selected Product(s) pane:
- Update project section to the corresponding building and/or floor
- All product line items will update to the same section
- Click Finish
- Repeat Steps 1-8 for each:
- Building and/or floors
- Project section
Your openings and products are now grouped by building and/or floor in the Pricing window.