How to: Use progress billing for a project.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
In this article:
About Progress Billing
Progress billing is a scheduled billing cadence. When you are progress billing for a project, you are billing for the project rather than shipped shipments. Comsense supports progress billing whether or not you check the Progress Billing Only checkbox in the invoicing wizard. Checking the Progress Billing Only checkbox excludes the Shipment page from the Invoicing wizard. You do not need to include any released or completed purchase orders or stock requisitions for a progress billing invoice, however, including these will auto-fill the Actual Billing column and the Suggested Billing column.
Enterprise > Receivables/Invoicing > Invoicing
Completing the Invoicing Wizard
To create a new invoice, Click New in the Invoicing window and the Invoicing Wizard will open.
Order/Project Selection Page
*Note: Progress billing is only available for project invoicing.
In the Invoicing wizard:
- Open your project
- Check the Progress Billing Only checkbox
- Click Next
Purchase Order Selection Page
*Note: The Purchase Order Selection page is only available for project invoicing.
The Purchase Order Selection Page shows all released purchase orders. The purchase order line items are not automatically selected. Only invoice for these purchase orders if:
- You have the product or the product is arriving soon; and
- The invoice is needed for progress billing
Using the Selection Tool, Select the purchase orders and Click Next.
Stock Requisition Selection Page
*Note: The Stock Requisition Selection page is only available for project invoicing.
The Stock Requisition Selection Page shows all completed and unshipped stock requisitions. The stock requisition line items are not automatically selected. Only invoice the stock requisitions if the invoice is needed for progress billing.
Using the Selection Tool, Select the stock requisitions and Click Finish.
Entering the Progress Billing Amounts
The Invoicing window has automations to ensure that your project gets fully invoiced. These automations include:
- Billing for any cost group amount under $10
- Billing for any openings with nothing left to ship
- E.g. invoicing for frames on the original project when there is a change order removing locks on the original project and adding exit devices, may prompt an invoice line item for the locks
In the Invoicing window:
- Click the Project Billing tab
- Click the Expand button on the line item
- Enter the billing amounts in the Actual Billing fields for the appropriate cost groups
Exporting the Invoice
In the Invoicing window:
- Click Save
- The status will update to Completed
- Click Print
In the Generate Report window:
- Modify any parameters in the Parameter pane
- Export the invoice
You now have a progress billing invoice for your customer.