Environment: Comsense Opening Suite
Release Date: January 17th, 2022
In this release:
Maintain Openings in Quotes
The Quote entry window now allows users to enable Maintain Openings when creating a new Quote.
Maintain Openings allows users to enter opening numbers, and data, when creating quotes that will be copied to Sales Orders, and all other documents related to the Quote.
Comsense Email Client
The Enterprise and Advantage reporting tools now have a built-in Email Client.
The new Comsense Email Client allows users to email reports and submittals directly from within the software, without the need for an external email software, like Outlook. This new email client supports Multifactor Authentication for Microsoft and Google hosted email servers. See Setting Up the User Email Client and Using the Comsense Email Client for more information.
- To more accurately represent cost changes in Change Orders we now prevent Cost Deduct from updating when changes are made in the Component Costing and Component Costing by Manufacturer windows.
- To better handle door preps for openings with multiple leafs we now display hardware preps by door leaf. This allows users to assign preps to door leafs independantly from the hardware's leaf assignment.
- Added Door Leaf columns to the Hardware Set Defaults tab of the Default Preps window.
- Added Door Leaf columns to the Hardware Preps area of the Complete window.
- Inside Trim selector in Enterprise, now uses a portion of the base product's Product Code in the search term to improve performance.
- The software will use the portion of the product code prior to the first space, or the first dash if no space.
- When neither a space or a dash exists in the Product Code the software will exclude the Catalog Number from the search
- Project Import Enhancements:
- SpecWriter project exports/imports now include the Hardware Set Leaf Assignment details.
- Added Opening Type and Typical Opening Size to the Hardware Set import template.
- The Hardware Set Importer will now read Opening Type and Typical Opening Size from the import file and use these to automatically assign leaf numbers.
- Including these fields in the Hardware Set import file is currently optional, but will become required in a future update to address numerous project issues related to this missing data.
- Additional validation checks have been added to the AAOS project import to catch errors in the import file prior to processing the import.
- Projects imported from AAOS and Overtur will now assign product to Leafs based on Comsense's standard leaf assignment rules.
- Products in the FB (Flushbolt) Category will be assigned to Leaf 2.
- Products in the ES (Electric Strike) Category will be assigned to Leaf 2.
- Products with a Quantity of 1 will be assigned to Leaf 1, except when rule 1 or 2 apply.
- Products with a Quantity of 2 or greater will be assigned to Leaf 1 and Leaf 2, except when rule 1 or 2 apply.
- Enabled the New Reporting Tool and Report Management for SpecWriter only accounts.
- Please visit the New Submittal & Advantage Reports Tool section of our Help Center for more details on the new Reporting Tool.
- Removed the autofill feature from the Discounts window.
- Corrected an error that disabled the Void All Checks button in the checkrun window.
- Corrected a couple of issues that allowed users to change Elevations that should have been locked by change orders.
- Corrected an issue that allowed factory preps from multiple manufacturers to be used on a single Elevation.
- Corrected an issue that prevented opening hardware lists from resetting to the Hardware Set definition when the Heading was removed.
- Added a check to prevent the removal of a tax code from a project while it is being used to calculate Tax on Cost or Tax Exemptions.
- Corrected a database issue that caused the Complete Opening Detail report to be missing hardware info. This fix is retroactive.
- Corrected a database issue that caused the Handing validation to incorrectly notify users of handing errors. This fix is retroactive.
- Restricted the use of some special characters in search fields.
- Corrected an issue that allowed Miscellaneous Items from Unapproved Change Orders to be shipped when the user security permissions were set to prevent it.
- Addressed a concurrency issue that allowed multiple users to create shipments for the same project at the same time.
- Added a check to the Special Product Builder to prevent the creation of Special Product without a Catalog Number.
- Corrected an error that allowed a check run to be created with a Discount Taken greater than the Payable total.
- Corrected a calculation error that caused the Available Credit value shown in the Orders Management window to be incorrect.
- Price field no longer shows a value for Inhouse Labor items when using the Prep/Part/Labor Picker in Enterprise.
- The cost of Labor items is calculated once added to the Sales Order, as a result, the value showing in the Picker was incorrect.
- Corrected an issue that prevented the hardware Sort Sequence from synchronizing between the Opening and the Hardware Set.
- Corrected an issue in the Door/Frame Catalog importer which prevented Properties from being imported.
- Corrected a bug in the AAOS Import which caused attributes to be mapped from the incorrect manufacturer.
- Corrected an issue that was preventing default preps from being assigned when building new frames in using the Frames window.
- Corrected an issue which caused a crash to desktop when selecting Inside Trim design in Enterprise.
- Corrected a bug that allowed managed product to be flagged as stock from the Managed Product Management window.
- Corrected a bug that allowed Expense, Inactive, or Labor managed products to be configured as stock items by assigning them a warehouse location.