How to: Create a Purchase Order.
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
In this article:
Creating a New Purchase Order
In the Purchase Order window top toolbar:
- Click New
- Search supplier either by:
- Supplier Code
- Enter Supplier Code and Press Tab
- Supplier information
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon and Search using supplier information
- Supplier Code
Remit To is your payment account for this purchase order. The Remit To field will populate if it is preselected in the supplier system options. If the Remit To field is empty or requires updating for this purchase order:
- Search and Select the Remit To supplier using the method in step 2
- Select Warehouse
You are now ready to add product to your purchase order.
Adding Product to the Purchase Order
In the Products tab:
- Right-click the empty pane
- Select Add Purchase Order Line Item
- The Managed Product window will open
In the top pane of the Managed Product window:
- Search and Select the appropriate product
- Click Add
- The product will move to the bottom pane
- Click OK
You are now ready to release your purchase order.
Releasing the Purchase Order
A release against a purchase order is authorization for the purchase and billing. You must release your purchase order before creating a payable for the items.
In the status field od the Purchase Order window:
- Select Released
- The Purchase Order # field will populate
- Click Save
If you need to export your purchase order report:
- Click Print
- The Generate Report window will open
- Select your export method
Your purchase order is released.
Prepaying the Purchase Order
To prepay your purchase order via credit card or deposit, you must Create a prepaid payable.