Scenario: You need to create a payable for a credit card statement
Environment: Comsense Enterprise
This article demonstrates how to:
*Note: Before creating a payable for a credit card statement balance:
- Review the credit card statement
- Separate any purchases already accounted for
- Categorize the remaining purchases into accounts.
Never include any credit supplier purchases already accounted for by another payable i.e. any supplier purchases on credit. Only include the remaining credit card purchases.
In the Enterprise left-hand Navigation menu:
- Click Payables
- The Payables menu will expand
- Click Payable
- The Payable window will open
You are now ready to create a new payable for your credit card statement.
Creating a New Payable
In the payable window top toolbar:
- Click New
- Select Miscellaneous
- Fill in the payable fields using Table 1
You are now ready to enter your credit card categories.
|Remit To||Credit card|
|Invoice Number||If there is no invoice number, use an obvious number i.e. the date of credit card statement|
|Invoice Amount||The credit card statement balance subtracting any purchases already accounted for|
|Invoice Date||Date of the credit card statement|
Entering Credit Card Categories
Under the Manual Distribution tab in the fillable line item:
- Select the appropriate:
- Search and Select the account using the Search Account button next to the Account column
- Order #
- Cost group
Under the Amount column:
- Enter the credit card statement amount for each account category
- Balance to Distribute will update to 0.00
- Click Save and Release icon
Your credit card statement payable is now ready for a check run.